Sunday, July 1, 2012

Where did the weekend go?

Best laid plans right?  I'm trying to get myself into a schedule, with hopes that it will tame my spastic jump from one thing to the next tendency.  I want to do at least 1 hour of artistic learning a day and 1 hour of actual drawing- hopefully more but I am a mom of 2, have a house to keep up and several websites I'm in charge of.  I started writing things down like my hubby pestered me to do so I could "stop THINKING about things I planned to do and actually DO them". We'll see how it goes- so far I think I have 6 separate lists and I'm not sure which I wrote where- there are notes on random pieces of paper everywhere, I did get a dedicated notebook to write the lists in but... I'm not sure where I put it.
I'm going to try to to look at the stuff I did get done to help ease some of my frustrations with not doing the things I really really wanted to do. 
So I did some fixing
- Adjusted the Roman shades in my bedroom I had made to slide properly- 2 were misbehaving.
-I changed 4 pillows I had made from regular cute pillows to overstuffed cute pillows- an item on my to do list in my head for about 3 months now. 
- I started finishing (heh) the roman shade for my hubby's office- that's been on the back burner for sooo long.
- I organized the photos and scrapbooks from our first family vacation which we happily enjoyed and returned from a few days ago
- I worked on my cherries drawing for my first colored pencil drawing for my drawing class- probably about an hour or two
- Cleaned the game room up which has been overtaken by my sewing and art supplies for 2 months now =)
- Ordered more art supplies from amazon
- Hunted down a few good art references/tutorials I want to read/work on
I think that was about it, I didn't slack too badly- a few games of Munchkin snuck in there.  I'm having issues figuring out how to prioritize projects, things I want to do, need to do.  Do I do the fastest things first to get them off the list? The thing I would feel the most achievement finishing?  The thing I want to do most at any given point in time, which rapidly changes of course..  "Oh look, shiny..." yes, that's me.
I really want to start the week off well and do my hour of drawing and hour of learning each day.  I need to finish the shade for the hubby's office so it's out of the way.  I really want to do the painting for my living room wall that I've had in my head for a while now.  BUT BUT BUT  I also have a website to do list for a client or two that I need to do first, and I'd really like to finish the scrapbook/photo albums so I can send it off to my sister, nephew who went with us on the trip, and then I wanted to get back into an exercise routine again.
Are there enough hours in the day?  Never.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment