Monday, July 16, 2012

Trying to pick back up.

Things have gotten busy lately.  We've had loved ones visiting, friend's birthdays and just tons of stuff to do.  I caught up on a bunch of housework and haven't really sat down and taken a breath since.  I feel like the longer I go surrounded by people and rushing around the crazier my head gets and the more stressed and irritated I feel.  I told a friend that I got to hang out with last week, whom I've neglected lately, that with things being so busy  when I get a free minute I get completely self absorbed.  I don't like being "bothered", "interrupted", "distracted".

I feel like there is some imaginary timer going and when it goes off it's just done- and I don't get to do any of the things that I want to do.  Like if I'm late, I just won't get to do it. I don't feel like it's me questioning my morality or anything like that- I think it's just the pressure I put on myself lately to not just have ideas but perform.  If I don't get this done right now without any interruption- I might go back to my old patterns of 50 papers scattered in a trail around the house with random ideas and 20  partially done projects.  I feel frantic, I feel desperate, I feel like I really need to learn to meditate or something. I need to find a better balance.  It may come with time, it may come with projects finished and tangible success I can see- I just hope it comes sooner then later.

I hadn't drawn in a few days with all that we had been doing.  I sat down to work on my current colored pencil drawing and all I could think was- what if I can't do it anymore, what if I forgot how- I knew logically it was ridiculous but it was this real panicked feeling that would not go away.  Stress. My stress has been high lately with issues between my parents and I being at an all time high and all going on, I'm sure it's just stress... Right?  It's probably a good thing I have therapy tomorrow.  ::sigh::

No comments:

Post a Comment